Who's hotter?

• Anna Kournikova

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Biba Golic

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I can't make a decision they are both very hot!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
says Bonjour, Je suis le webmaster d'un des sites Français de...
says Bonjour, Je suis le webmaster d'un des sites Français de...
Aug 2011
Anna Kournikova vs Biba Golic

Hey everyone, I thought I would make a thread on the sexiest women in our sport, and no other then Biba Golic springs to mind! Biba has been compared to tennis superstar Anna Kournikova in the past and has recently been awarded "sexiest Athlete" by Spike TV.

bibavsanna.jpg

Anna Kournikova retired several years ago from the tennis court however she has been involved in table tennis with the recent Hardbat Classic tournament which has a total prize fund of $100.000. Anna a Russian born model has picked up her raquet on a much small scale as you can see in the video below

Coincidence? What's more is that Biba Golic has been known as the Anna Kournikova of table tennis. Both women have been known to make the sexiest women in sport.

Anna Kournikova pictures!

Anna Kournikova promotes the Hard Bat Classic tournament, source by contactmusic.com

anna3.jpg

anna1.jpg

anna6.jpg

Photo by Erik Kabik/ Retna

---Anna in her Tennis years---

KorniKovMTX_468x713.jpg

Biba Golic pictures!

biba1.jpg

biba2.jpg

biba3.jpg

biba4.jpg

Photo by Erik Kabik/ Retna

Biba-Golic2_0.jpg

For more sexiest table tennis players click on this Facebook link :HERE or HERE
And for women, HERE source : http://www.tennis2table.com

Who did you vote in the poll? I know its not easy making a decision hehe

Last edited:
Reactions: EmRatThich
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess the difference is, Biba has a USATT rating of 2320 and her highest rating ever was 2450 which means she could not possibly be competitive in a real tournament. Whereas Anna K might not have been a top, top player but she broke into the top 10 in the world at some point. I don't think Biba could be in the top 100 - maybe not even 300. Although she would be in the top 50 in USA as far as women. I decided to look, she is #35 in woman in the USA. So what she is, is a celebrity who plays Table Tennis. Not bad for that, but not competitive with the real players. Still, it seems important to the sport, to me, to have people like Biba.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Though she is not in the top ten for women, Biba has been sponsored by killerspin and has been recorded playing exibition matches many many times
Yes I think Killerspin hosts table tennis events for promotion of the sport only. U also seem some pro's in their tournaments but they are always playing cool rallies instead of focusing on winning. Killerspin does a great job in promoting TT. It would be good if they would have space in the program of some Pro Tours or other important tournaments to host a nice promo-event. Like the spectaculair pairs do now in some occasions.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes I think Killerspin hosts table tennis events for promotion of the sport only. U also seem some pro's in their tournaments but they are always playing cool rallies instead of focusing on winning. Killerspin does a great job in promoting TT. It would be good if they would have space in the program of some Pro Tours or other important tournaments to host a nice promo-event. Like the spectaculair pairs do now in some occasions.

I totally agree with you Wiwa... I watched a killerspin match the other day on youtube and the commentators and everything made the sport seem so cool and media friendly! If they had one or two pro tours implemented into their schedules it could really take off and do well!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I totally agree with you Wiwa... I watched a killerspin match the other day on youtube and the commentators and everything made the sport seem so cool and media friendly! If they had one or two pro tours implemented into their schedules it could really take off and do well!

I agree with both of you. One of the things that makes those matches fun to watch, especially for someone who does not really know the sport, is that, because they are fixed, the two players are not actually trying to beat each other. So the rallies are more like a fantasy of what a Table Tennis match would be like. The points usually go longer than third ball attack. Whereas, in a real match where the players are both trying to win, you get a few great rallies and most of the points are decided and done by the 3rd or 4th ball. None of the rallies in those KillerSpin exhibition matches can really compare to Ma Long and Wang Hao launching bombs at each other, but almost every point is a fun rally to watch in the exhibitions. I also like how the players are playing with each other where one player takes the attack and the other player backs up and goes on the defensive. Or how, in almost every match, at some point someone jumps over one of the barricades and is lobbing from way back or from the side, or when someone tries to run around the table.

And a lot of people who do not play at a tournament level, might not understand why the top players miss shots that, to the untrained eye might even look easy; but those same people will understand how good the people playing in those exhibition matches are. And it also give a lot of older players who are not able to be super competitive, a chance to keep playing at a sort of high level.

However, Anna K was not just an exhibition tennis player. Biba is really an exhibition Table Tennis player.

One time at Spin I watched a 17 year old girl in a prom dress, from China, beat several of the top Male players in the US, again, in a prom dress, and she beat them badly. And she was not good enough to be on one of the Chinese women's B teams. She was beating guys with a USATT rating of 2650 who were dressed to play. :)

You have to really be quite good to be as good as Anna K was. She got a rap for not being as good as the top, top women, but she was a very small notch lower than the top women in the world when she was at her best.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews

Agreed.
Its funny how some youtube commenters talk about Killerspin as a capitalist monster lol.
They promote the sport and thats one form of excellence and initiative :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
haha Scarlett Johansson YUMMY :)
..... yep .. no doubt about that ...
BTW ... Matt .. it seems some people don't want you to hold competition for the World's Sexiest Female Table Tennis ... I guess around 5 votes in the negative so far in your Blog .. any idea who they would be ?? ... guys please pitch in .. looks like Matt has atleast 5 really possessive admirers :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I guess the difference is, Biba has a USATT rating of 2320 and her highest rating ever was 2450 which means she could not possibly be competitive in a real tournament. Whereas Anna K might not have been a top, top player but she broke into the top 10 in the world at some point. I don't think Biba could be in the top 100 - maybe not even 300. Although she would be in the top 50 in USA as far as women. I decided to look, she is #35 in woman in the USA. So what she is, is a celebrity who plays Table Tennis. Not bad for that, but not competitive with the real players. Still, it seems important to the sport, to me, to have people like Biba.

It is a common misperception that BiBa was not a great player. That is far from the truth. She actually has won 9 national titles between the Europe and the US. She has defeated several top players and was leading against Wang Nan who is one of the three top players of all time. She had defeated men rated over 2600. She defeated Jasna Reed who was an Olympic medalist and US national champion. She was also a semi finalist in the US Open a couple of times. BiBa is an extremely talented player and probably one of the most interesting women to watch play. Her game is actually more like a Man that a women. She is a spinner from both sides. I feel bad for her that because she is so attractive that many people don't realize what a good player she has been. For the last few years she has focused on promoting the sport but I can tell you that she is competitive still with any women in the US for sure.