Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 12:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia

Honda has launched the 2023 Brio facelift in Indonesia. The updated hatchback gets a bold new front fascia and redesigned rear end.

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia-81683282533.jpg

The styling of the Brio facelift is based on the latest design trend at Honda, which includes a large grille with a chrome bar and sweptback headlamps. The car also gets a resigned front bumper and reworked rear end featuring new tail lamp clusters and a roof spoiler. As expected, the Brio RS gets a bit of sporty treatment with a piano black grille, black ORVMs, LED headlamps, fog lights and 15-inch alloy wheels.

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia-91683282534.jpg

The interiors of the Brio facelift look similar to the outgoing version. It has a 3-spoke steering wheel with an analogue instrument cluster and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system in the centre console. The front seats now get adjustable headrests.

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia-71683282533.jpg

The 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine is the same as the old model. It makes 89 BHP and 110 Nm and is offered with a CVT in Indonesia.

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia-41683282532.jpg

Honda pulled the plug on the Brio in India back in February 2019.

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia-hondabriorear1683285888.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th May 2023 at 12:34.
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:04   #2
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia

Sad to see this not happening at India, Honda could have kept the Brio/ Jazz alive, capable products. I guess this version of Brio has a slightly larger/ practical boot than the previous gen Brio we had, this would have been a good competitor to Grand i10 Nios/ Swift. And with regular updates the Jazz (like the global model Honda Fit) could have been the ideal competitor to i20/ Baleno. I guess the urban segment wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for the Japense quality and reliability.
architect_santo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:26   #3
BHPian

This is quite a gorgeous looking hatch. Looks like it has a more practical boot than the previous gen. Interiors in the above photos look quite nice as well.

As the commenter above me rightly said, this would indeed have been a great competitor to the i10 and Swift.

I could see this new Brio easily doing 3000-5000 units per month. It's a shame Honda India seems to be lagging on product launches.
kadanaJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 15:35   #4
BHPian

It's a shame Honda is not prioritising a large market like India and favouring small markets like Indonesia for their new launches and updates I don't see Honda having any long term interests in the country anymore. I own a Ford and have seen how this happens one sign at a time ..
Old 6th May 2023, 18:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gck_tourer View Post
It's a shame Honda is not prioritising a large market like India and favouring small markets like Indonesia for their new launches and updates I don't see Honda having any long term interests in the country anymore. I own a Ford and have seen how this happens one sign at a time ..
Truly a shame. When I was looking for a small car for doing school runs, the only car that came to mind was the brio.the only problem with the brio was the impractical boot even for a city car, if they could've sorted it out I think it would've been a great alternative to the small Hyundai and Marutis. I'm inclined to believe that a lot of companies don't favor India because of our taxes, it's hard to make a feasible product without cutting corners and maybe Honda didn't want to do that.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 18:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

This current facelift seems to have lost the charm of the old one had that was sold in India till 2019. Its a good city car with a delicious vtec engine and the only thing I miss on mine is having a bigger boot but that hasn’t stopped us from taking it places with the whole family and luggage for over a week long trip.

The car will complete 9 years this November and plan to keep it as long as its mechanically possible

2023 Honda Brio facelift goes on sale in Indonesia-96e078c268e44a298daa84491a81ce8f.jpeg

Last edited by SnS_12 : 6th May 2023 at 18:28.
SnS_12 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 19:08   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Small cars, small profits, guys. Other than Maruti, Hyundai & Tata who do small cars for volumes, market-share & economies of scale, no other brand is interested in the hatchback segment anymore. There used to be a time when the thinking was, if you have to crack the Indian car market, you have to sell cheap hatchbacks here. That's why Toyota, Honda, VW, Nissan, Renault etc. all tried their hand. It's too tough to fight with Maruti, Hyundai & Tata in the cheap car space. They murder you.

Kia was one of the rare new MNC brands to realise this and focussed straight away on profitable segments.

The money is in crossovers now. And the higher, the better. 15 - 20 lakh rupee crossover models sell as much / more than hatchbacks these days.
GTO is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 19:39   #8
BHPian

It is really such a shame that this isn’t available in India, even the previous gen had such a fun-loving character to it that I wouldn’t mind having this around for short city runs.
As GTO rightly said, the game is MONEY and no matter how much you might like a company, they are purely here to do business
Main reason why we can’t have nice things. ��
jono213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:04   #9
BHPian

This would have done better than the old model in India considering it has a proper boot.
Old 7th May 2023, 12:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India Ltd is content with selling the City since more than two decades in India. The City sells because of the brand equity it has gained here since Day One. Honda has experimented by introducing MPV's, larger sedans and hatchbacks over the years since it gained a foothold in India with the City. Most of these have come and gone, one after the other. Reasons were lack of demand and as a result, volumes to sustain their manufacturing. A total lack of the bare minimum marketing prowess desired to prop up sales was evident on the part of Honda Cars all through.

It illustrates the fact that despite their launching world class models from their portfolio, buyers gave these a lukewarm response in the absence of street smart marketing by the car maker. ("street smart" used as a marketing phrase by the famed Ford and Chrysler, CEO Lee Iacocca, made it famous).

The end result with Honda cars other than the City is that their faithful buyers are left in the lurch with discontinued models. Nevertheless, these command good resale values unlike many other competing brands.

India missed the Brio since 2019 but with a good marketing strategy, this car could have surely done well in it's segment. There is ample scope to sell B segment cars that need to attract good volumes. Plus points vis a vis the competition need to be highlighted. Also upgrades by sprucing up with features that the competition lacks, but keeping the price tag in check is desirable. Honda as a MNC has deep pockets and some initials losses with a marketable model should not have deterred it from testing deep waters.

India was nowhere even among the World's Top Ten car makers when Honda launched its City, Gen 1. Today India is among the Top Five, but Honda is retreating.

Honda Cars India Ltd prefers to retreat rather than advance in the Indian market.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th May 2023 at 12:52.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 11:53   #11

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2023 at 17:05.
noob_petrolmonk is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks